ICU joined United Nation Academic Impact
Update：April 4, 2017
In March 2017 ICU has joined the United Nation Academic Impact, which is a global initiative that aligns the United Nations with institutions of higher education around the world.
The United Nations Academic Impact is informed by a commitment to support and advance ten basic principles, and ICU will pursue all of these principles.
1. A commitment to the principles inherent in the United Nations Charter as values that education seeks to promote and help fulfil;
2. A commitment to human rights, among them freedom of inquiry, opinion, and speech;
3. A commitment to educational opportunity for all people regardless of gender, race, religion or ethnicity;
4. A commitment to the opportunity for every interested individual to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary for the pursuit of higher education;
5. A commitment to building capacity in higher education systems across the world;
6. A commitment to encouraging global citizenship through education;
7. A commitment to advancing peace and conflict resolution through education;
8. A commitment to addressing issues of poverty through education;
9. A commitment to promoting sustainability through education;
10. A commitment to promoting inter-cultural dialogue and understanding, and the "unlearning" of intolerance, through education.