Measures for Events and Meetings in Response to the Proliferation of the Novel Coronavirus Infection (COVID-19)
Update: March 3, 2020
To all students, faculty, and staff members,
The University Emergency Management Committee, held on February 25, has decided to take the following measures for infection prevention and control of the novel coronavirus.The principles informing events and meetings to be held on and off campus until the end of March 2020 are as follows:
【Events held on campus】
Out of consideration of the health and safety of the participants and others, as a general rule, it is determined that events should, in principle, be canceled or postponed if the activities correspond to any of the following restrictions.
- Events or meetings in which a large number of participants is expected, or where the identity of participants is uncertain.
(As a guide, activities with more than approximately 30 participants are to be avoided)
- Events or meetings at which many elderly people (who are seemingly at high risk of infection) are expected to attend.
- Events or meetings at which close contact between participants is expected.
(E.g. meetings involving eating or drinking)
- Events or meetings planned by external organizations which are to be held at ICU.
As for events or meetings that do not fall under the above, please alert participants as follows:
[Examples of Health Alert]
- If you do not feel well, please avoid participation.
- Please take measures to prevent infection, such as wearing a mask, when participating.
【Events held off campus】
Even though the University does not ask for cancellation or postponing events, meetings and group activities to be held off campus in the same period as events on campus, if you, or your group, were planning on holding any events, they should be taken under very careful consideration in the same way as events on campus.
Junko Hibiya, President