Over the Next Decade
- Promote the 2 + 1 language acquisition framework (Japanese & English + one other language).
- Build flexible language programs to better respond to the linguistic background of every student.
- Establishing a student admission system open to students around the world.
- Build an integrated academic support framework.
- Enhance faculty-focused educational support.
Promoting Further Internationalization
- Establish the Global Liberal Arts model.
- Offer Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in as little as 5 years through the Advanced Entry Program.
Over the Last 60 Years
- International Educational Exchange with 67 universities in 23 countries.
- International students from 52 countries
- 36.2% of faculty hold citizenship in a foreign country.
- Faculty with educational experience overseas: 91.9%
- Small class sizes: 1 faculty with 18 students
- 31 majors that stand astride the border of the humanities and sciences.
As a university active on the world stage, ICU aims to develop its liberal arts education in more global way in order to contribute to the cultivation of global citizens. Global citizens are trusted worldwide, and have the open values and independent spirit they need to continue learning throughout their lives.