本試験は大学の講義を受けるのに十分な英語力を有する方向けの英語による書類選考です。入学後の語学プログラムは、日本語教育プログラム（JLP: Japanese Language Programs）です。
ICU seeks to admit students irrespective of nationality who can strive academically and personally at ICU, in line with its goal to cultivate responsible global citizens. Applicants for April/September Admissions by Documentary Screening undergo a documentary screening process in English, including the submission of standardized test scores, such as SAT, ACT, or IB. Admissions are based on holistic criteria with the goal to identify students who are able to perform at a superior level in a liberal arts environment. Moreover, coming from diverse educational and cultural backgrounds, students are expected to enrich the ICU student body with different and innovative ways in which to meet the challenges of the new global age.
選考の詳細は、本学英語版ホームページ"Universal Admissions: April/September Admissions by Documentary Screening 2019"で必ずご確認ください。（英語のみ）
Regular Students (matriculating as First Year Students seeking a bachelor's degree)
Must meet one of the following criteria by the time of enrollment at ICU:
- Those who have completed, or are expected to complete, 12 years of formal education in Japanese schools accredited by MEXT.
- Those who have completed, or are expected to complete, 12 years or more of formal education in foreign countries.
- Those who hold, or are expected to hold, International Bacclaureate Full Diploma / French Baccalauréat / Abitur /GCE A Level, and are at least 18 years of age.
- Those who graduated or expect to graduate from officially accredited international/foreign schools in Japan, and are at least 18 years of age.
- Those who have passed an examination demonstrating academic ability equivalent to 12 years of formal education, such as the GED (General Educational Development) test or another high school equivalency exam (Upper Secondary School Equivalency Examination), and are at least 18 years of age.
Transfer Students (matriculating as Second Year Students seeking a bachelor's degree)
Must meet one of the criteria of Regular Students above and also one of the following criteria by the time of enrollment at ICU:
- Those who have completed at least one year of a bachelor's degree program as a degree-seeking student.
- Those who have obtained an associate's degree at a higher educational institution (university/college).
One-year Regular Students*(studying for 1 academic year)
Must meet both of the following criteria by the time of enrollment at ICU:
- Those who have been attending school outside of the regular Japanese educational system for at least the last two years prior to enrollment.
Those who are university students currently or previously enrolled at colleges or universities, who will have complete at least one year of college work.
*Those who already have or expect to have a bachelor's degree by the time of enrollment at ICU are not eligible as One-Year-Regular Students. They should apply for Kenkyūsei (Special Student) status.
Kenkyūsei (Special Students)(studying for 1 academic year)
Must have completed or can show certification that they will complete their undergraduate work (bachelor's degree), i.e. 16 years or more of formal education by the time of enrollment at ICU, and are permitted to pursue some special study at ICU.
この選考により入学した場合、卒業要件上の必修語学科目は「日本語」(Japanese Language Programs)となります。
College of Liberal Arts, Division of Arts and Sciences：
Approximately 90 Students are accepted through the Universal Admissions* every year.
*Universal Admissions for AY 2019: April Admissions for Returnees, April/September Admissions by Documentary Screening, April Admissions for International Students by Documentary Screening/Interview and September Admissions for International Students by Documentary Screening.